My friend Richard Tunley has struck again, this time with a piece for ARKHANGELSK.
It’s a stunning instrumental, moody and shifty and lovely. Just astonishing, as always. The cellist is Deryn Cullen, who also has other remarkable work.
Beauty is restorative. Give this a listen.
No, I don’t write music. But I do love music.
I am also privileged to have as a friend Mr. Richard Tunley, who DOES write music (among other things) and is tremendously talented. He wrote a theme song for THE COLD BETWEEN, which you can listen to here:
The vocalist is Jess Cahill, who’s done some other wonderful things as well.
I’ve also got a couple of Spotify playlists, one for each book (track lists below for those who don’t Spotify):
Don’t make any thematic assumptions based on my musical choices. 🙂
Central Corps Playlist #1 (THE COLD BETWEEN)
- Tycho, “Awake”
- The Afghan Whigs, “I Am Fire”
- Efdemin, “Some Kind Of Up And Down Yes”
- Lane 8, “Rise”
- K’s Choice, “Not An Addict”
- 16 Bit Lolitas, “Non Verbal Language”
- Snow Patrol, “Set Down Your Glass”
- Fehrplay, “Lotus”
- Alexei Murdoch, “Dream About Flying”
- Dinka, “The Sleeping Beauty”
Central Corps Playlist #2 (REMNANTS OF TRUST)
- Helios, “Skies Minus”
- The Afghan Whigs, “If I Were Going”
- The Chemical Brothers, “In Dust We Trust”
- The Faith Healers, “Heart Fog”
- City and Colour, “Sleeping Sickness”
- Ilan Bluestone, “SOS”
- Sara Bareilles, “City”
- Hybrid, “Until Tomorrow”
- The Smiths, “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want”
- U2, “Bad”
Central Corps Playlist #3 (BREACH OF CONTAINMENT)
- Helios, “Glimpse”
- KT Tunstall, “Uummannaq Song”
- Tears For Fears, “Johnny Panic And The Bible Of Dreams (Fluke Remix)
- Kidnap Kid, “Brokenhearted”
- Maria McKee, “Why Wasn’t I More Grateful (When Life Was Sweet)”
- Aiiso, “Your Love Is An Echo”
- Snow Patrol, “This Isn’t Everything You Are”
- Blood Groove & Kikis, “Wonderland”
- Aiiso, “Cisca”
- Black Lab, “Circus Lights”